Well, it’s finally out! Amazon no longer lists the book as available for pre-sale, and it should be shipping to purchasers today or tomorrow. If you’re a B&N shopper, you can also order it there, or grab it in stores within a few days.
From the product description:
Real Solutions for C# 4.0 Programmers
Need fast, robust, efficient code solutions for Microsoft C# 4.0? This book delivers exactly what you’re looking for. You’ll find more than 200 solutions, best-practice techniques, and tested code samples for everything from classes to exceptions, networking to XML, LINQ to Silverlight. Completely up-to-date, this book fully reflects major language enhancements introduced with the new C# 4.0 and .NET 4.0. When time is of the essence, turn here first: Get answers you can trust and code you can use, right now!
Beginning with the language essentials and moving on to solving common problems using the .NET Framework, C# 4.0 How-To addresses a wide range of general programming problems and algorithms. Along the way is clear, concise coverage of a broad spectrum of C# techniques that will help developers of all levels become more proficient with C# and the most popular .NET tools.
Fast, Reliable, and Easy to Use!
- Write more elegant, efficient, and reusable code
- Take advantage of real-world tips and best-practices advice
- Create more effective classes, interfaces, and types
- Master powerful data handling techniques using collections, serialization, databases, and XML
- Implement more effective user interfaces with both WPF and WinForms
- Construct Web-based and media-rich applications with ASP.NET and Silverlight
- Make the most of delegates, events, and anonymous methods
- Leverage advanced C# features ranging from reflection to asynchronous programming
- Harness the power of regular expressions
- Interact effectively with Windows and underlying hardware
- Master the best reusable patterns for designing complex programs
I’ll be doing a book giveaway at some point as well, once I get my own shipment. Stay tuned!
Get it from Amazon
Get it from Barnes and Noble