Some people (I’m looking at you reddit), have complained about the length of my interview story. So sorry. I wanted to document the entire experience, for myself as well as others, so I included a lot of detail. I know a lot of people enjoy it. There are plenty of shorter experiences out there, so how else am I supposed to distinguish myself? hmmmmm?
If you don’t want to read the 9-pages worth of material, I present this summary for your edification:
- I wanted this job bad so I killed myself studying.
- Microsoft takes good care of you.
- Golly gee, they’re nice people. Smart too!
- The interview lasted 9.5 hours and was both difficult and fun.
- I got an offer. I accepted.
Thank you. Please resume your comments now.
Check out my latest book, the essential, in-depth guide to performance for all .NET developers:
Writing High-Performance.NET Code by Ben Watson. Available now in print and as an eBook at: