A few months ago, Leticia and I signed up for a service called DoorToDoorOrganics. Simply put, this is a way to get farm-fresh, organic produce from local farmers, delivered to your door.
How it works is this:
- Create an account, decide on the size and type of box you want.
- Decide how often you want–every week or every two weeks (or just once)
- Friday before the week of delivery, you’ll get an e-mail. You can go to the site and customize the items in your box.
- Get the box on Wednesday via UPS. It has ice packs, food is fresh.
- Eat. Enjoy good, fresh food.
The quality of food is really high. And you also get occasional things that are new and different. We’ve loved it. We never have to go to the store for this stuff anymore. We go only occasionally now for milk, eggs, bread. Maybe every two months for a huge stocking trip.
Check out my latest book, the essential, in-depth guide to performance for all .NET developers:
Writing High-Performance.NET Code, 2nd Edition by Ben Watson. Available for pre-order: