Some things I really like about the new media player:
- It is a LOT faster. I have at least 15,000 songs I’ve ripped from my large CD collection. WMP 10 took far too long enumerating albums and songs.
- The instant search may become my primary way of finding specific music to listen to.
- I like the tile view — it makes the experience of picking music to play sort of like browsing a physical array of CDs. I have so much music that I often don’t know what I want to listen to–browsing is essential.
- Very intuitive–I figured out how to navigate among the new views very easily.
- The shuffle/repeat options is much more prominent on the play-control bar. I switch shuffle on and off constantly.
Check out my latest book, the essential, in-depth guide to performance for all .NET developers:
Writing High-Performance.NET Code by Ben Watson. Available now as an eBook at: